There are those that choose the vegetarian life or would like something outside the meat realm when it comes to barbecues and burger dishes. It is for this reason that one can try out this lentil and hazelnut patties recipe. Lentils are perfect because they have high protein content just like meat.
- You will begin, as always, by washing the lentils and then placing them in a saucepan. Put water that just covers the lentils and bring them to the boil for about 2 to 3 minutes. You will then turn down the heat to allow them to simmer for the required time of up to 1 hour. Be sure to drain them once they are cooked but whole.
- Mix the lentils, eggs, breadcrumbs, hazelnuts, parsley and onion.
- Once these are well mixed, you can then add in the salt, pepper, thyme and basil.
- You will then split the final mix into 16 patties.
- Place a frying pan over the fire and put in the olive oil to heat up. You can fry the patties about 4 at a time. Using a new oil application will ensure the best results.
- Place them on paper towels to drain and them on a platter, ready to serve.